Dallas Dreams of Strawberry Pie

 I missed writing this post yesterday, but we didn't eat the pie until today and I hadn't taken a picture of it yet.  So pretend this came yesterday. 

I took a break this week from baking a real pie crust and I simply used a store bought graham cracker crust.  We had had it for a long time and I guess it was time.  My brother had a birthday on Saturday, we asked him what his favorite pie was so we could make it in his honor. This is how I decided on a strawberry pie.  

I already made a strawberry-rhubarb pie a few weeks ago, so I wanted to make this pie very different.  This pie was NO-bake.  I had a thin layer of cream-cheese cream and topped with a load of strawberries held together with a strawberry sauce.   It was super delicious.  I was afraid it was just going to turn out as a strawberry cheesecake, but it has enough strawberry flavor to overcome the cream cheese on the bottom.  Not a normal pie for me, but a real winner with everyone.  This was probably my kids favorite pie so far. 







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dallas Dream of Cherry Pie!

Dallas Dreams of Chilled Grapefruit Meringue Pie

Book Review: The Name of the Wind